Saturday, September 5, 2009

not perfection. not performance. a process.

"IN [this] freedom Christ has made us free [and completely liberated us]; stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery [which you have once put off]." Galatians 5:1 AMP

I lately discovered a missing piece (or peace) about my freedom. I fully believed in my mind that I was free, but there was just something I didn't understand, a place of unrest in my heart. Why do distractions present themselves and I allow them to lead me away from the truth? There was doubt and a lack of peace knowing that things aren't perfect after having found my identity in Christ and accepting the freedom only He can bring.

I declared this: "I am free!" And the whisper of the enemy, "Then why do you still have these fearful thoughts?" entered my mind before I even finished the statement. That deceiving question was quieted so quickly with this: "Freedom is not done perfectly. It is not a performance. It is a process. I am gaining freedom daily."

No comments:

Post a Comment